Re: custom init script

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 02:39:27PM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
> On 03/18/2011 01:35 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
> >If I create a custom init script (it's for a second instance of ssh),
> >do I still use the update-rc.d command to set that script to start in
> >the various runlevels?  Or is there some new procedure due to the
> >dependency-based init sequence.
> >
> >During the squeeze upgrade, I had to remove my custom init script
> >in order to get the upgrade to proceed normally.  Now I'd like to add it
> >back in.
> >
> >-Rob
> >

> From my experience you just need to add LSB headers to the top of
> the script .
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts

This link led me to another one:
http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot

which told me that 'update-rc.d mydaemon defaults' is replaced by
'insserv mydaemon'.  That's what I needed to know.

I ended up redoing my init script to make it more similar to the
Debian-provided ssh init script, and everything's working now.

Thanks

-Rob