Re: unmount on shutdown

On 03/18/2011 03:01 AM, Geoffrey Smith wrote:
Hello, I am using Debian 6.0 Squeeze and the Gnome desktop on a typical desktop computer.  Suppose I have a USB drive mounted on /media/ and I do a normal shutdown via Gnome.  Is the USB drive automatically unmounted as part of the normal shutdown process?  The reason I ask is because I forgot to run umount before shutting down.  Thank you.  Geoff

Geoffrey Smith
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Finance
W. P. Carey School of Business
Arizona State University

during shutdown all mounted filesystems will be unmounted .

Regards ,