Re: unmount on shutdown

On 03/18/2011 03:01 AM, Geoffrey Smith wrote:
Hello, I am using Debian 6.0 Squeeze and the Gnome desktop on a typical desktop computer.  Suppose I have a USB drive mounted on /media/ and I do a normal shutdown via Gnome.  Is the USB drive automatically unmounted as part of the normal shutdown process?  The reason I ask is because I forgot to run umount before shutting down.  Thank you.  Geoff

--
Geoffrey Smith
Visiting Assistant Professor

during shutdown all mounted filesystems will be unmounted .

Regards ,
Alex