Re: kde missing documentation

"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> writes:

> On 2011-03-15 11:48:48 Andreas Goesele wrote:
>>"Dr. Ed Morbius" <dredmorbius@gmail.com> writes:
>>> There's always 'auto-apt' or 'apt-file' to track down the package
>>> owner of a specific file.
>>>
>>> Since your attempt to invoke documentation turns up a reference to a
>>> specific missing file, I'd go that route.
>>
>>Just to clarify: The missing files are in the respective kde packages
>>(konqueror, okular ...). The problem is that they are not installed
>>using "apt-get install" or "aptitude install". They are installed using
>>"dpkg -i". I think they should be installed also by apt-get or aptitude
>>and I'm wondering why they are not.
>
> That's probably wrong, since apt-get and aptitude invoke dpkg to do
> the install for each package.  apt-get and aptitude are unable to
> install packages without using dpkg.

Well, let's take the example of konqueror:

Start-Date: 2011-02-07  22:14:36
Commandline: apt-get --no-install-recommends install konqueror
Install: libkonqsidebarplugin4a:i386 (4.4.5-2, automatic), kdebase-bin:i386 (4.4.5-2, automatic), konqueror:i386 (4.4.5-2)
End-Date: 2011-02-07  22:14:47

(/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/konqueror is empty)

Start-Date: 2011-03-15  21:12:58
Commandline: apt-get --purge remove konqueror
Purge: konqueror:i386 (4.4.5-2)
End-Date: 2011-03-15  21:13:03

Start-Date: 2011-03-15  21:13:54
Commandline: apt-get --reinstall --no-install-recommends install konqueror
Install: konqueror:i386 (4.4.5-2)
End-Date: 2011-03-15  21:14:01

(/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/konqueror remains empty)

dpkg -i konqueror_4%3a4.4.5-2_i386.deb

(/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/konqueror full of stuff)

Andreas Gösele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.