Not spam (was Re: SPAM SPAM SPAM !!! Re: Sip?)

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 09:11:47PM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> I've seen posts like this on Freecycle, and they're almost always spam or
> malware.  I haven't looked at this link, and I suggest you don't either.

That's quite an overreaction. The URL redirects to
http://planet.gnu.org/gnutelephony/?p=14 which seems to be perfectly
legitimate and, indeed, related to SIP as the subject claims. So, yeah, not
spam.

Frankly, I find your fear of spam and malware somewhat laughable. If you
don't trust an URL, grab it with something like wget (as I did) to see
where it redirects. If you don't even trust that, you can always just
telnet to it and see what the HTTP response is. Saying you won't even
look at it is silly, but suggesting that others shouldn't either is
outright absurd.

> -Rob
--Greg