Re: sources.list

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:25:43PM -0400, Chris Brennan wrote:
> While I am not new to Linux/*BSD, I am new to the Debian way of things. What
> is the proper way of modifying /etc/apt/sources.list. As it stands, I am
> running with the basic sources.list and am curious as to what gets added
> where to sources.list?

Have you read
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch02.en.html#_debian_archive_basics

One of the many strong points of this distro is how great a read the Debian
Reference Manual is.

If you don't want to use a text editor as root, there is something in the
Gnome menu under Admin.  Also in Synaptic > Settings > Repository.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody