Re: SIP services and softphones: what do you guys use?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 01:16, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> You forgot the fourth question. "Is there a better way than using a
> softphone?"

Quite right. What is the preferred method of video conferencing in
Linux with others who will likely be using Windows? Yes, the video is
a necessity. Otherwise we would just pick up the phone!

> You also forgot to say how you would be using the telephone service and
> what facilities were important for you.

Video is most important, other than sound quality.

> But Twinkle with sipdiscount.com suits me when I choose to use it. What
> will happen when qt4 comes along is not quite known.

Qt4 came around a good three years ago!

Dotan Cohen