Re: Question about mii-tool

On 14 March 2011 00:48, Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Doing several tests with mii-tool, I'm noting that it works on some
> hardware but in others it does not. In all cases I'm using Debian
> GNU/Linux Squeeze with Linux 2.6.32 from Debian repositories.

I'm not sure if this is 100% applicable, but AIUI ethtool superseded
mii-tool for all purposes a while ago. I've certainly not used
mii-tool in the last few (5?) years. It's possible that this is more a
server-side thing (where one hopes to have "better" NICs, FSVO
"better"), but if you can achieve what you want with ethtool, just use
that.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--