Re: modem symlink in /dev

Hi Martin,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:16:43PM +0100, Martin wrote:
> I installed martian-modem and martian-modem-source that work fine
> but after each reboot I have to issue command:
> # ln -s /dev/ttySM0 /dev/modem

The device symlink created by the martian-modem daemon (/dev/ttySM0 by
default) can be set within /etc/default/martian-modem.  Adding
"DEVICE=/dev/modem" to this file should provide your expected behaviour,
after the martian-modem daemon is restarted.

Alternatively, adjust your PPP dialer application to use /dev/ttySM0.

Geoff