Seagate Barracuda drives?

There has been much talk about the WD 2TB drives and the problems that they can have with linux. I just went into an electronics store that is going out of business and has 40% off all drives. For internal drives, all they have are Seagate Barracudas. They have 1.5 TB and 2 TB drives running at 5900 RPM. The 2 TB drive said it was 'Low Power'. I didn't get the model number. I was in a rush and had to move fast. Do these drives play nicely with linux, or should I look for something else. If 'something else' what high capacity drives can people recommend that do work well on linux boxes?

Marc Shapiro