Re: Mail filtering / rules: mutt + offlineimap + ???

on 23:42 Fri 11 Mar, Joel Roth (joelz@pobox.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 04:47:43PM -0800, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
> > I've been been using mutt + offlineimap for great justice ... except for
> > filtering.
> >
> > I've previously relied on procmail for local rules management.  While
> > Gmail's rules are reasonably decent, not all IMAP providers are as
> > blessed.
> >
> > I'd also like to trigger libnotify messages on certain messages as well.
> >
> > Hrm ... imapfilter according to the Consilience blog:
> >
> >     http://blog.grossmeier.net/2009/01/25/imapfilterofflineimapmsmtpmuttabook/
> >
> > What are others using for this, and/or set up the bomb?
>
> Hi, I use a script based on the perl module Email::Filter.
> Email::Filter's syntax is much better than procmail,
> even allowing for Perl's much-maligned syntax.

Does that work with offlineimap?  Note that I'm not getting mail
delivered through a local MTA/MDA, but directly to my mail folder(s).

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power