Re: [OT] errors with g++-4.5 not with g++-4.4

Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2011-03-12 18:17 +0100, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

I am looking for your opinion as to whose bug this is.

I have a C++ project ( http://gpc-qt.sourceforge.net/ ) that consists
of more than 103 C++ sourcefiles (1000's of lines of code) that get
copiled into a single executable.

Suddenly using the g++-4.5 compiler it produces an error in the link phase:

grafrs.cpp:(.text+0x355d): undefined reference to `mutrec'

But when I use the g++-4.4 compiler everything compiles and links
without error, like it has for years with previous C++ compilers.

Is this the squeeze version of g++-4.4 or the wheezy/sid version?

Sid.

Do I file a bug with the g++-4.5 package?

Please read this announcement about linker changes first:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/02/msg00011.html

I have to give that some thought. I explained the problem in full in my answer to Axel. The linker finds some references but not al. In anycase this is all linked together via the qmake utility of Qt. Thanks Sven

Hugo