Re: [OT] errors with g++-4.5 not with g++-4.4

Hi Hugo,
On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:17:19AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for your opinion as to whose bug this is.
>
> I have a C++ project ( http://gpc-qt.sourceforge.net/ ) that consists of
> more than 103 C++ sourcefiles (1000's of lines of code) that get copiled
> into a single executable.
>
> Suddenly using the g++-4.5 compiler it produces an error in the link phase:

> grafrs.cpp:(.text+0x355d): undefined reference to `mutrec'
>
> But when I use the g++-4.4 compiler everything compiles and links
> without error, like it has for years with previous C++ compilers.
>
> Do I file a bug with the g++-4.5 package?

I would first assume an error in this project -- and not in g++-4.5 :-)

However, before writing a bug, it would be very usefull if you succeed
to reduce the test case: I'm almost sure that none of the g++-developers
will be happy with a bug report stating "somehow those 1000's lines of
code don't compile correctly" -- I would expect a much faster help if
you could reduce the problem and reduce it to a few hundred (or even a
few tenth) of lines of code...
Is that possible?

I just had a VERY quick look at the code: It seems that "mutrec" is
defined in "aa.cpp". Do you link aa.cpp and grafrs.cpp together?

Axel