Is there a netinst CD image for lenny?

    I have been unable to get squeeze to work on a machine
that previously was running lenny (details sketched below).
Is a "lenny" version of the netinst CD image still
available?

    I have been trying to install squeeze on an i386 desktop.
The installation using a netinst CD seems to work, but
when I reboot, the monitor briefly displays:

> 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC.

after which I get a black screen.   I have tried typing "e"
at the grub prompt and adding "nopic" at the end of a line
that begins

> linux /boot/vmlinuz-blahblah

but that has not helped.  I have been able to use the
"rescue mode" of the CD to try editing files, but am not
sure which file to edit or exactly how to change it.