From:	Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com>
Date:	Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:24:29 +0000 (UTC)
> I'm not aware of a kernel module named v4l1compat, so I can't see how
> explicitly loading such a module would have helped anyway.

OK, a spelling error.
peter@dalton:~$ egrep -v '(^ *#)|(^ *$)' /etc/modules
loop
v4l1_compat

> The problem you were facing was a userspace one, namely, how to force an
> executable to load a library that would not otherwise be loaded. That's
> what LD_PRELOAD achieves.

Is "loading /usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so" synonymous with "loading module
v4l1_compat"?  If so, then why does the library work for skype in one case
and not in the other?

Thanks,             ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.