Re: Internet connection sharing?

On 3/8/11, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:55:02 +0330, hadi motamedi wrote:
>
>> My debian machine is connected to my MS Windows machine on the net.The
>> MS Windows machine is connected to Internet via valid IP address setting
>> and on its secondary ip address setting it can see my debian machine on
>> the intranet.Can you please let me know how can try for Internet
>> connection sharing such that my debian machine can see internet with
>> minor modifications done? Thank you in advance
>
> As root:
>
> route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0
>
> If that works, then you can add it permanently via "/etc/network/
> interfaces"
>
> Note 1: 192.168.0.1 is the IP of the windows machine with ICS enabled.
> Note 2: Debian machine has to have IP/netmask and a DNS server configured.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón
>

> --

Thank you for your reply. The Windows machine has its primary address
set on a valid IP address and its secondary ip address is as
172.18.209.1 . The debian machine has its ip address set as
172.18.128.1 so it can see the Windows machine on intranet and it has
DNS address set. I issued the following command on debian machine :
#route add default gw 172.18.209.1 eth0
But still the debian machine cannot see the internet. The Windows has
has ICS as enabled.