Re: cannot play video/audio after/when streaming flash video on web browser

On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:55:02 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> 2011/3/7 Umarzuki Mochlis
>
>> not sure which one I'm using now
>>
>> # aptitude versions flashplugin-nonfree i   1:2.8.2
>>                   stable 500

You could find out from here:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

>> how do i revert to gnash?
>>
>> last time i used below commands to enable flashplugin-nonfree
>>
>> # update-alternatives --remove flash-mozilla.so
>> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so
>> # update-alternatives --remove flash-mozilla.so
>> /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so

What I do to select one plugin (adobe) or other (gnash) is using the
browser home user profile to put there the desired one (the home profile
takes preference over global path for plugins). That way, I can instruct
Epiphany to use Gnash and Iceweasel to use Adobe Flash so I can always
compare the same site with the two plugins.

> apparently i can play video while streaming youtube with gnash
>
> # aptitude install gecko-mediaplayer iceweasel-greasemonkey
> # aptitude remove flashplugin-nonfree
>
> i'll just use gnash from now on then.

Sadly gnash does not work for all the sites ;-(

If you need to install Adobe's flash plugin again, remember that you can
download the file from Adobe's site and drop it into your browser user
user profile and test from there. It it works, you can move it into the
global plugins folder.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón