Re: Assistance for Visually Impaired Student

On 03/06/2011 01:47 PM, owens@netptc.net wrote:
List

I teach a course in Digital Integrated Circuits at the local
University. One of my students is visually impaired-not totally
blind but he requires a powerful reader for documents and the
equilivant of a telescope to see the overhead projection of my
course slides. He has expressed interest in Linux but, quite
understandably, would require some software assistance to view
documents and circuit schematics, potentially enlarging them at
specific areas. I run Debian Lenny on my home system and Dual Boot
with Ubuntu on my University laptop. Can anyone point to some
specific software that I might have him try. TIA

Googling "gnome window magnification" found Orca.

--
I prefer banana-flavored energy bars made from tofu.