Re: How to disconnect/initialise a built in modem?

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 19:07:14 +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> Is there a command to disconnect or reinitialise a built in modem (I
> mean a modem like a gsm-modem, which is built in my EEEPC), so that I
> must not reboot if it hangs?

"minicom" (a low-level program to "dialog" with your modem or whatever
device you've got plugged on the serial port) could do the trick. You can
pass the gsm modem the proper reset AT comands.

If the problem is within the serial port but the daemon handling the
connection, you can try to restart networkmanager or whatever program you
used to make the link (wvdial, kppp, pppd, etc...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón