Re: Directory synchronization packages

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 13:19 -0500, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
> On 02/11/2011 11:19 AM, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > I should mention that the DirSyncPro dev has started responding with his
> > usual quick attention.  I've sent a pile of logs and test results and
> > hope to have good news soon - John
>
> That's good news. I haven't had a chance to look at DirSyncPro yet. I've
> been up to my *ss in alligators on a production project and haven't even
> been able to read the documentation.
>
> Thank you for posting this information.

Problem solved! It turned out it was something rather unique to our
environment.  We use X2Go based virtual desktops (www.x2go.org) for VDI
running on Linux-VServer (www.linux-vserver.org) guests.  We are
synchronizing user directories on their physical machine which are
mounted into their virtual desktops via sshfs.  To prevent all users on
shared systems from receiving popup notifications whenever removable
media is inserted, these mounts are made in /tmp and a symbolic link is
made back to ~/media.  Because it is really a symbolic link, we had to
change our synchronization job from skip symbolic links to copy them as
files.  Once we did that, all seemed to work.