Re: The "CD signing key" (6294BE9B)

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 23:47:38 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

> I found three posts on this back in January,

> but the documentation still says nothing about why the "CD signing key"
> should be different from the archive key and why the CD signing key was
> never announced, etc.

(...)

IIRC, it was announced on "debian-user-announce" mailing list:

Debian Archive Signing Key to be changed
http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110209

And if I catched correctly, it means that verifying the signature of
testing/sid packages from squeeze/lenny will just give a warning because
the package holding the new keys (debian-archive-keyring) has to be
released.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón