Re: Things I Don't Understand About Debian

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 10:25 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Jo, 03 mar 11, 21:12:48, Steven wrote:
> > I'm running testing, that snippet does exist in /etc/skel but like I
> > said above, I'm not seeing the console being cleared.
>
> Files in /etc/skel are copied to the $HOME of a new user, not sourced.
> If you removed the copies from your $HOME it won't work.

How stupid of me, if that's the case then I think I know what went wrong
with my installation. I verified that a testing installation on virtual
box does clear the console. On my desktop I installed Squeeze (back then
it was testing), and I think I cleared my home directory en copied over
several directories from my old Lenny installation, might have missed
that file.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Regards,
Steven