Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?

I tried adding acpi=off, then noapic, and then noacpi.  I still got the "Error reading release file" message.

It looks like I'll be sticking with Debian Lenny.  At least I have at least a year or two to resolve this Squeeze issue or figure out how to properly upgrade to Squeeze.  I'm keeping those PartImage files of my Debian Lenny setups so that I can revert back to something that works.