Re: apt-setup

On Du, 27 feb 11, 16:27:49, Lisi wrote:
> I am a little confused about this.  I had never heard of it, so have been
> looking it up.  There is no man entry, and the man apt entry, which mentions
> and gives hyperlinks to toher apt applications (apt-cache etc.) does nto
> mention it.
>
> Googling brings up the information that Potato users used to use it to
> configure their /etc/apt/sources.list, and the installer still uses it for
> the same purpose.  But I could find no trace of any recent usage by users
> wanting to (re)configure their sources.list.  Comments gratefully received!

A quick Google search revealed a post of *mine* from 2007 stating it is
in the base-config package.

AFAIR base-config was the second stage of the installer for sarge (you
had to run that at the console after the first reboot, to set-up the
timezone, apt, etc.) . Etch already had a one-stage install; base-config
was merged with the first stage.

What are you trying to achieve? If you need some interface to change
sources.list try synaptic ;)

Regards,
Andrei