Re: Debian Wiki participation..?

Peter Tynan wrote:
> One of the things I've never understood about Debian is why the wiki
> is so inactive when compared to other distributions, the simple fact
> of life is that nine times out of ten I find the information I'm
> looking for on the Arch or Gentoo wikis - not the Debian wiki.  I am
> now beginning to understand why, let me tell you a story...

This would be a better story if the "privacy policies" of *both* the Arch
and Gentoo wikis were not empty pages:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ArchWiki:Privacy_policy
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Gentoo_Linux_Wiki:Privacy_policy
(These wikis also ask for an email address on registration.)

I think that the actual reason you see those wikis in searches is that
one or both of those wikis have a community of users who contributes
articles on general topics, that are not specific to those
distributions. The Debian wiki, instead, tends to only contain
Debian-specific information. So these other wikis tend to be linked to
more, and thus a cycle is created.

--
see shy jo