Re: Fontconfig error

On Sat, 26 Feb, 2011 at 21:32:41 +0800, wolf python london wrote:
> On 26 February 2011 17:48, Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2011-02-26, wolf python london <lyh19901223@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hey all:
> >>
> >> I'm using Debian Squeeze .When I open a gvim from the terminal ,I get an error
> >>
> >> Fontconfig error: "local.conf", line 6: junk after document element
> >>

> >> I check the /etc/fonts/local.conf and cannot find what's worong .
> >> I put the local.conf here(https://gist.github.com/845078)
> >>
> >> can someone give a tip?
> >>
> >> thanks a lot !
> >
> > That document is an XML fragment rather than a valid XML document. Wrap
> > the fragments like this:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
> > <fontconfig>
> >        <!-- Put match elements here -->
> > </fontconfig>
> >

> thank you  for reply , Liam , but I think it should be a fragment ,
> 'cause in the /etc/fonts/local.d/51-local.conf ,it is like this :
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
> <fontconfig>
> 	<!-- Load local system customization file -->
> 	<include ignore_missing="yes">local.conf</include>
> </fontconfig>
>
> If I add the the  wrapper , is it verbose?

I think it is required. The file /etc/fonts/fons.conf is a valid and
well-formed XML document. That file includes each of the files in
/etc/fonts/conf.d/, each of which is in turn a valid and well-formed XML
document. And so on ...

You are not the first to describe XML as "verbose" :-)

(re-sent to the list)