Re: setting parameters of disc /dev/sda failed .

I delete below in /etc/hdparm.conf , it is now ok.
/dev/sda {
   apm = 254
   spindown_time = 60
       dma = on
}
But why did  "cancelling in 'Services' config" not work ?
Thanks

2011/2/26 waterloo <waterloo2005@gmail.com>
Thanks first .

2011/2/25 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:32:34 +0800, waterloo wrote:

> I use 'nohdparm' in kernel parameter. When booted , I find a line : '
> skipping ....  (warning)' . So I am sure that error is about hdparm . I
> use below in /etc/hdparm.conf :
>
> /dev/sda {
>   apm = 254
>   spindown_time = 60
>       dma = on
> }

Disable any customized parameter that you can have set in that file and
use the deafults.

> I do not revise /etc/default/hdparm .
>
> What is wrong with settings of hdparm ?

I dunno... maybe you are trying to use an old configuration file,
incorrect parameters/values or something that your hard disk does not
support. You better read the man page.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón