Re: dd or cp over network: should I use scp?

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 16:22, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Please don't cc me on replies.]

Sorry. The Open Office list is just the opposite (we _must_ cc as one
need not be subscribed to post, and lots of new users don't
subscribe). I'm on 40+ lists so I loose track.

>> It is atypical as it is not webmail! Very few people today are using
>> something they access via POP3 or IMAP, and even most of those aren't
>> running on their desktop but rather at the company.
>
> Okay, I have no idea of the numbers, but POP3/IMAP is certainly the (or
> a) classic way of doing mail.

I don't have numbers either, but POP3/IMAP/SMTP is certainly rare in
the under-30 crowd. Rare, as in they don't even know that options
exists, and don't understand how one could have email but not have
access to it from any web browser.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il