Re: dd or cp over network: should I use scp?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:05:07 +0800
BOYPT <pentie@gmail.com> wrote:

> netcat may help:
>
> dd if=/dev/sdX | nc -l 4321
>
> On the other box:
>
> nc ip.of.the.serverbox 4321 | dd of=/dev/sdY

Or perhaps cryptcat, with built-in twofish encryption (I haven't played
much with these tools, so this is just speculation - I have no idea,
for example, how using cryptcat would compare to tunneling netcat over
ssh).

Celejar