Re (3): Skype

From:	David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com>
Date:	Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:59:01 +0000
> ... I am sure that Google can track down the solution
> which I used a while back with success.

Thanks; it's at the bottom of this page.
  http://developer.skype.com/LinuxSkype

For Squeeze on an old 32 bit NetVista this allows the image
from my camera.
  LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype

Just when the image begins to transmit, this line appears.
libv4lconvert: Error decompressing JPEG: fill_nbits error: need 1 more bits

The image from the remote peer is scrambled.  I'll guess
relating to this error or to the slow old processor.

With any luck, a Skype for Squeeze will use the libraries
properly.

Thanks for the tip,            ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.