Re: help with nvidia and BusID

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:37:02 -0500, Rob Owens wrote:

> I'm trying to run the nvidia proprietary driver for a PCI video card.  I
> also have an onboard video card.  I think xorg.conf needs to specify the
> BusID in the device section like this:
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier     "nVidia FX 5200"
>     Driver         "nvidia"
>     BusID          "PCI:00:06.0"
> EndSection
>
> lspci shows:
>
> 00:06.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX
> 5200] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>
> Is this correct?

Have you tried by removing that setting? It works?

> Second question:  what if I want to use the tv-out connection instead of
> the DVI?  How do I specify that?

You can try with "xrandr".

Alternatively, you can dive into nvidia manual to manually specify that
option (there is a GUI for configuring this or you can edit the xorg.conf
file by hand):

http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/260.19.36/README/index.html

Just verify the version of the readme file matches your driver version.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón