Re: ssh login ok, no prompt

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 02:38:52PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   I have two linux boxes. I can connect from one to the other but not
>> the other way around anymore. It seems to have happen after a apt-get
>> upgrade. I can `ssh target`, however it display the debian banner and
>> then stops. I cannot Ctrl-Z or Ctrl-C...
>
> If it's getting to the point of displaying the banner, but not as far as
> a prompt, I'd suggest it's a problem in your profile.
>
> Try "ssh target /bin/bash" or something like "ssh target hostname" to
> see if executing an alternate shell works (in the latter case, you're
> executing 'hostname' as your shell which will print target's hostname
> and spit your back to your original computer).

I am making some progress

$ ssh hpdesk hostname
hpdesk

however:

$ ssh -v -v -v mathieu@hpdesk /bin/sh
debug1: Sending command: /bin/sh
debug2: channel 0: request exec confirm 1
debug2: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: callback done
debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768
debug2: channel 0: rcvd adjust 2097152
debug2: channel_input_status_confirm: type 99 id 0
debug2: exec request accepted on channel 0

... and then it stops right here....

Still no login prompt

--
Mathieu