Re: question about storage

On 02/19/2011 05:29 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Jim Green put forth on 2/18/2011 10:36 PM:
Hello!
I have a laptop with 120G harddrive, 2x320G external harddrive,  I
don't have a desktop.

Now I am doing something serious storing some huge historical data to
mysql database and want to have some better storage solution(I hate
the two external harddrives I bought 4 years ago, need to power them
on individually and connect with laptop each time I need to use data
in them).

I have two options
1, buy a desktop with 4x2T harddrives and use lvm on raid1, I need the
redundancy of data.

Why 4*2TB drives?  Unless this is a MythTV server that's total overkill,
and more than you need to spend.

Christ on a stick, dude, what part of "storing some huge historical data to mysql database" don't you understand?

--
"The normal condition of mankind is tyranny and misery."
Milton Friedman