Re: how to stop console font dimming?

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 05:22:33 -0500 (EST), jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

> Gentlemen, upon boot I see
> with the second line dimmer than the first.
> "No big deal", but how can I stop such dimming?
> All I know is the second line is from /usr/share/initramfs-tools/init,
> and I like GRUB_TERMINAL=console .

Perhaps the screen isn't dimmer, it's that the lines in the characters
are thinner.  During the early stages of the boot process, the
default hardware font of the video card is being used.  At some point,
console-setup runs and changes the font based on the specifications
found in /etc/default/console-setup.  The only thing is, this occurs
later in the boot process than the point you describe above.  The other
possibility is that a KMS-active kernel video module is being loaded,
such as nouveau or i915, which switches the console into a
frame-buffer-like state.  The only thing is that it seems to me that
this process also occurs later in the boot process than what you
describe above.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :