Re: Console resolution

2011/2/19 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:56:50 +0100, Pier Paolo wrote:

> 2011/2/18 Camaleón
>
>> What is what you "tried hard", exactly?
>>
> from rescue mode chrooting to recompile kernel after a not even
> system-base-install alternate cd netinstall. Booting from hard disk
> resulted in complete unusable system with vt blanked out

I asked what you tried hard for "the easy way", what steps did you follow
and what errors did you get.

Can't recall exactly... some procedure from the wiki; i think i blacklisted nouveau, and tried to install kernel-nvidia something, but substantially that won't prevent nouveau from loading and messing up console. i think actually the problem was nouveaufb than the xorg driver itself.
But as now i'm running the modified kernel, so maybe that problem could be already resolved for my system (discrete nvidia 8400m i think: don't have here the hardware...)

Greetings,

Bye!

--
Camaleón