firmware

.
hello debian, could you please change the kernel device firmware description to like software based dsp firmware. i dont run my debian computers much and took me awhile to understand what debian was saying about "firmware" the documention description needs to be a more better posted why the "firmware" is needed. i have had some experience with intersil prism gt "drivers" with windows based computers. this seems to be the same issue (pick a firmware file that works best), the firmware im use to knowing of is embedded only. please respond.
.