Re: screen resolution in Squeeze?

on 17:16 Fri 18 Feb, Lars Nielsen (lars@lfweb.dk) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed squeeze and it seems to work fine. But my screen
> resolution is to low! I have a 24" wide screen and I can "only" set the
> resolution to 1280x1024. Where or how do I get the right resolution on
> 1920x1080 ?

First:  video hardware?  Which driver are you using?

Second:  try xrandr.  Running it should show available modes, and you
can often switch interactively to the mode you want.  I'd do that
/before/ mucking with /etc/X11/xorg.conf

If that doesn't work, attach /var/log/Xorg.0.log to your next followup.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power