Lenny and 2TB USB drive

I'm still living comfortably in Lenny-land. I tried to attach a 2 TB USB
drive to both of my Linux systems with no success. The drive formats to
ext3 format using mke2fs with no problem, but won't mount for use. The
same procedure works fine with 1 IB drives on either system. I assume
this is a limitation with the installed USB drivers. Is this something
that will be taken care of in the near future? I wanted to use the 2 TB
drive as backup for my 1 TB drives, plus backup to upgrade from Lenny.

    John Salmon
salmonjj@comcast.net