Re: [slightly OT] I'm thinking about this piece of kit - how well will Debian work with it?

On 02/17/2011 04:11 PM, AG wrote:
Hello list

I'm seriously considering this laptop
http://3dguy.tv/toshiba-3d-enabled-laptop/ and wiping it clean of
Windows (or dual booting) with Debian.

Given the specs of the hardware, what is the likely quality of
experience for the user with a Debian testing installation and what
would likely be the best way of enabling as many of its whizz-bang
features as possible?

Thanks for any thoughts/ musings on this question.

Cheers

AG

[more OT]

I knew that I would see this stuff appearing on notebooks sooner or later.

I'm not a potential customer for that thing. I have to sit in the back row at the Cineplex during 3D presentations to keep from ralphing -- and I still get a headache!

I wonder if the keyboard on that thing is puke-proof!

(My apologies for my language to those of tender sensibilities.)

Carry on, please. Obviously, I have no positive contribution to make. I'm just amazed that 3D keeps coming back. It's like one of those zombies that can't be killed. I've lived through at least three incarnations of 3D movies in my lifetime.

I'll actually be interested to know if special drivers are needed.