Re: Gnash killing my CPU

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 22:49:02 -0600, Noah Duffy wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>> I killed it and
>> probably will uninstall it because I need to run Flash for certain
>> sites, but I'm still curious if anyone else has this problem with Gnash.
>
> JFYI, there is no need to remove the package, gnash can co-exist with
> Adobe's flash player plugin. In fact, I keep both of them installed so in
> the event one fails to load some site (Adobe flash fails a lot) I can
> still test it with the other (Iceweasel loads flash player by default and
> Epiphany goes with gnash).
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón
>

> --

Well, the problem is that even when it's not using Gnash, it seems to
open up with the launch of a web browser.  As soon as that happens, my
CPU usage climbs up to almost 100% and my computer's fan kicks in
because my CPU temp also rises to a pretty crazy temp -- almost 70
degrees Celsius when I'm only running a web browser.  Since removing
the package, everything is back to normal.

Noah Duffy
Skype - Noah0504 | Jabber/Google Talk - n.milo.duffy@gmail.com