Re: no network connection with Wheezy

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:55:19 +0000, I wrote:

> I installed Wheezy (testing) with a netinst CD, at which point it obviously
> had a network connection.  On booting, though, it does not.  If I transfer
> the Ethernet cable to the adjacent Lenny machine, the connection is fine.
>
> /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/inetd.conf, and /etc/resolv.conf are the same
> on the two machines.

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:33:17 +0200, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
replied:

> Still, please post them here (not inetd.conf).

/etc/network/interfaces

  # The loopback network interface
  auto lo
  iface lo inet loopback

  # The primary network interface
  allow-hotplug eth1
  iface eth1 inet dhcp

/etc/resolv.conf
  domain msbb.uc.edu
  search msbb.uc.edu
  nameserver 10.27.3.2
  nameserver 10.25.3.2

> Also make sure this is not a firmware issue (dmesg | grep -i firmware).

That gives a null output.  Thanks.