[Solved]: dig knows while ping doesn't
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [Solved]: dig knows while ping doesn't
- From: T o n g <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:11:13 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20110217131433.GP29545@think.homelan>
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:14:33 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
- dig knows the host maroon.
- yet ping doesn't know the host maroon.
- It actually happens to all of my local hosts short names, unless the
domain name is appended.
>> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
>> # for interface eth0
>> search local
> 'local' is used for zeroconf, you might want to choose something else
I told my pump not to update the DNS resolver previously. Having
disabling that and get my DNS resolver updated automatically, everything
is working fine.
Thanks everyone for the answer. You all correctly answered the question,
though I can only pick one to reply.
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)