Re: Debootstrap

Peter Smith wrote:
> Last four lines of debootstrap.log:
>
> -----
> Preparing to replace coreutils 8.5-1 (using .../coreutils_8.5-1_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement coreutils ...
> dpkg: ../../src/archives.c:823: tarobject: Assertion `r == stab.st_size' failed.
> Aborted

dpkg does a sanity check, expecting the length of a symlink as reported
by lstat(2) to be the same as the length returned by readlink(2).
The only way that could normally happen would be if the symlink were
changed in between the two system calls. But that should not be
happening here.

This seems to point to a bug in fakeroot or fakechroot. Probably
fakechroot. Possibly the interaction of the two. I'd file a bug on
fakechroot.

--
see shy jo