From: Johan Karlsson [mailto:johan.karlsson@deltamanagement.se]
Sent: den 10 februari 2011 17:20
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Debian Squeeze 64-bit, dlopen() missing?

Hi!

I'm trying to compile pmacct from source under Debian Squeeze 64-bit, but it can't seem to find dlopen(). The very same thing works without problems on Debian Squeeze 32-bit.

If I run "nm /usr/lib/libdl.a", I get this output (looks fine to me):

dlopen.o:
                 U __dlopen
0000000000000000 n __evoke_link_warning_dlopen
0000000000000000 T dlopen

I don't want to disable shared objects (ie don't suggest the -disable-so flag ;))

This also happens with the debian-patched source (apt-get source pmacct) by the way.

---
/usr/local/src/pmacct-0.12.5# ./configure --enable-mysql --with-mysql-libs=/usr/lib --enable-64bit

checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing checking for working autoconf... missing checking for working automake-1.4... missing checking for working autoheader... missing checking for working makeinfo... found checking for gcc... (cached) gcc checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes checking OS... Linux checking hardware... x86_64 checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib checking whether to enable debugging compiler options... no checking whether to relax compiler optimizations... no checking for gmake... (cached) make checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes checking for __progname... yes checking for extra flags needed to export symbols... --export-dynamic checking for static inline... yes checking endianess... little checking unaligned accesses... ok checking whether to disable L2 features... no checking whether to enable IPv6 code... no checking default locations for pcap.h... found in /usr/local/include checking default locations for libpcap... found in /usr/local/lib checking for PF_RING library... yes checking packet capture type... linux checking whether to enable MySQL support... checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E yes checking your own MySQL client library... ok checking default locations for mysql.h... found in /usr/include/mysql checking whether to enable PostgreSQL support... no checking whether to enable SQLite3 support... no checking whether to disable shared objects... no checking for dlopen... no checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
configure: error: Unable to find dlopen(). Try with --disable-so
---

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Johan