Re: amd64 Squeeze sources.list

On Ma, 15 feb 11, 08:18:35, Boblitz John wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I installed the 64b squeeze yesterday and all went well.
>
> I do have a problem though with the sources.list / apt-get function.
>
> The command lines for the package updates don't seem to work properly:
>
> Any ideas what I need to change?
>

> /etc/apt/sources.list
> **snip
> deb http://packages.debian.org stable all
> deb-src http://packages.debian.org stable all
> **snip

Where did you get those? They are wrong *very* wrong. Try this instead:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

- packages.debian.org is NOT a mirror
- 'squeeze' is safer to have instead of 'stable'. No surprises when
  wheezy is released.
- there is no 'all' archive area, Debian only has 'main', 'contrib' and
  'non-free'

Regards,
Andrei