Re: How do I downgrade my gdm ?

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Hoang Le <linux.lehoang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Because I like the old flat style, not this Mac-like login screen :)

I haven't seen Debian's login screen but I assume that you mean that
you don't want the latest GNOME's gdm user list.

Ubuntu way:
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list
--set --type=boolean true

Fedora way:
gconftool-2 /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list --direct
--config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --set
--type=boolean true

No idea which applies to Debian, if at all...