Re: Squeeze install hangs reading CD drive

On 2011-02-14 21:57:24 GMT, Camaleón replied:

> you can try by creating an USB boot disk.

Thanks.  I tried that last week with debian-508-i386-netinst.iso and couldn't
get the desktop to boot from it, despite trying the likely BIOS settings.
Someone suggested that this would only work with a hybrid iso.  Is that the
case?  Can you tell me where to get a hybrid iso?

> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s03.html.en#usb-copy-isohybrid

That site also describes manually copying file to the USB disk, and I can try
that too if necessary.