Debian Font Manager RIP? (Defoma)

Hey all,

I have been trying to solve this mystery for a while. I have Defoma on my system and just upgraded to sqeeze. I found old messages in the Defoma package logs that said it was a dead project. That was YEARS ago. But it's in Squeeze and there's no mention of it being dead. I use fontconfig, and as I sorta understand it now, fontconfig is the new way to do fonts in X and Defoma is an old Debian-centric solution that's dead. But is it? I'll happily wipe out all my defoma packages to clean up my system (and make things much less confusing) but want to make sure that this won't hurt anything first. Any font masters want to chip in their two cents??

Thanks, Erin