Re: How to make a VM accessible to all users

Dne, 12. 02. 2011 21:25:00 je shawn wilson napisal(a):

> Thanx. I seem to hazily recall using that years ago. However, I am also interested in a more general solution. How do you people make several users access your BSD/Solaris/GnuStep/etc. virtual machines? Is "remote desktop"
the only way?

I thinly what your looking is a 'bond'ed interface so that your vm looks
like its on your actual network.

What do I use? Ssh + screen. But i think your asking about remote x. If so, you edit ssh.conf and maybe an x config file and pass ssh an option and you
will be able to run any x program you want.

I see. Basically, you make the VM appear as a networked machine; from there, it all boils down to various methods of network access, such as ssh, remote desktop, X forwarding, and similar.

Thanx for the input.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.