Re: system beep after upgrade to squeeze

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:50:04 -0500 (EST), Camaleón wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:32:56 -0500, Jim Green wrote:
>>
>> I am using a different lightweight windows manager icewm...  I guess
>> some modules changed name in upgrade and I don't know which to
>> blacklist.. thanks!
>
> Let me test it.
>
> I have blacklisted the module the same way you did and after restarting
> the system (I'm running testing) the module does not load.
>
> You can check it with "lsmod | grep pcspkr"

Keep in mind that blacklisting a module only prevents the hot-plug
system (i.e. udev) from loading it.  It can still be loaded manually
by the user or automatically by the kernel (if it is a dependency
of some other module).  For example, if the module name is listed
in /etc/modules, then it will be loaded, whether it is blacklisted
or not.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :