Re: Networking trouble after recent upgrade in Sid

Hi Shawn,

> what did your old interfaces file look like? might look at resolv.conf as
> well. i'm not sure what trouble shooting you went through, so it might be
> useful to post your iptables config.

Here's my old interfaces file where I statically brought up eth0:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth0 inet static
 address 192.168.0.100
 netmask 255.255.255.0
 broadcast 192.168.0.255
 gateway 192.168.0.1
 dns-domain gnu-orleans.org

After the upgrade, eth0 no longer wound up with 192.168.0.100.  Also,
even after I went back to the default DHCP-using settings, I still
don't get a working address after reboot until I run dhclient by hand.
 The netgear router is back to its default DHCP behavior, and the iMac
attached to the same router gets its address just fine.

Should my interfaces entry for eth0 start with "auto eth0" rather than
"allow-hotplug eth0"?  From googling, I've found statements that the
way to get dhclient to run on every boot is with the "auto" keyword.

Thanks,

David